Sunday, January 13, 2008

10 months after we left Japan...

I was just looking at youtube videos on Japan and found all these clips about how Nova Group, the school that Ben and I taught with last year went bankrupt. (this is old news however since this all went down in Oct/Nov '07.) I just can't believe it though!

We're so lucky to have resigned when we did because our branch as well as most others were shut down. If we had still been teaching there, we would have been faced with not getting paid toward the end of our work with the company, and then being evicted from our apartment (since it was arranged for by Nova.)

Some of our co-workers were forced to go back to their home countries, while others moved on and found other teaching gigs. It would have been a rough transition, so it's a blessing that we're back in Cali now...

so this video is mostly in Japanese, but it's not hard to understand what's happening...

No comments: