We had such a fun-packed weekend, Friday night we went to Ben's co-worker, Kurt's Mexican party... we hadn't eaten so well our whole stay! We were able to mingle with other "jet's" new and old...never had we seen so many people in such a tiny apartment!
Then on Sat., we were shown around the "Satsuma" peninsula by Ben's boss, Taniguchi-Sensei ALL day! Went to the Kamikaze museum in Chiran, a pristine beach, a famous noodle restaurant, a flower park, some volcano sightings, Lake Ikeda, and the sand onsens in Ibusuki. We made it home just in time to relax while a huge storm passed over us...
and then Ben was able to go on his first surf sesh with a Brit co-worker and a local Japanese couple yesterday.
We took a bazillion pics, but I'm only going to post a handful...
Now that's a crowded apato!
me n Patricia
Taniguchi Sensei working his magic on the Japanese ladies from his office...
Kurt's jam/singalong sesh
The beginning of our road trip courtesy of Taniguchi Sensei
passed many tea and rice fields along the way
The outdoor shrine area of the Kamikaze museum
thought your might like this photo of a plane, dad :)
The GORGEOUS beach we then stopped to swim at. I forgot my swimsuit, so I went in fully clothed. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go in the tropical water!
dan, from Newfoundland, Patty from So. Cal, local Taniguchi San, me, and Nadine from Canada

At the famous somen noodle place there are carp (koi) all over the place...but as a side to the noodles, they are served for food- RAW.
Taniguchi was a Pro... he showed us how it was done!
now, reach in with your chopsticks, and grab some cold noodles from the icy spinning water!
dip them in your sauce, and enjoy!
Taniguchi surprised us with some shaved ice for dessert. Some Boss!
the monster of Ikeda Lake, I like to call her Ogopogo
arriving at the Kagoshima Flower park, I couldn't decide which receptacle to throw trash in... still not sure if I got it right!
T-Sensei was playing with all of the insects and spiders at the flower park. What a guy!
This butterfly was enormous. each wing must have been 4 inches long.
No comments:
Post a Comment