I had only met Tomo at his Okonomiyaki shop briefly a couple of weeks ago, so it was a nice chance to get to know him a bit more. His English is better than our Japanese, so we used a combination of the both to communicate as best as possible. It turns out it was Tomo's birthday, so we felt special that we were able to keep him company for the day. What a guy!
On the way home from the surf, we went to Udo Shrine. It was gorgeous. The walk through the different parts of the shrine took us across sea side bridges, and into caves. It was nice weather, just a light rain, and nice and cool.



Tomo's Mystery Van...
We just drove by these crazy looking rock formations along the coast, but I was able to get a good picture. "The devil's Washboard" or "Sentakuita" was really interesting looking. 
Entering Udo Jinja
The view from through the van window as we neared Miyazaki...
A small Shrine we stopped at to check the surf and take a stretch break.
Out they went.
The water was warm enough so that I was able to paddle out on one of Tomo's extra boards and float around... I was proud of myself for being brave enough to. And since it was such a point break, I was able to get quite close to where Ben and Tomo were surfing. A little scary, but nice clean, warm Japanese water ^ _ ^
2 comments:
I love these pictures! They are so amazing, nothing like what we have here. You said the water is warm, but it looks really cold! Is the water that much warmer than here?
Thanks!! I'm glad someone's looking at them :)
The water was totally warm and nice. It was a little chilly outside because of some drizzle, so the water was warmer than the air. I was proud of myself for paddling at least.
Post a Comment