Saturday, November 29, 2008

Successfull toaster oven baking.

We definitely crave freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, and I've never attempted baking in Japan before because we don't have a real oven... just a small toaster oven.

My second attempt at baking turned out great, I'm pleased to say. I took the toll house cookie recipe from a site online, and cut it in half so that it could work in our little pan. The measurements are a bit strange cut in half, but it works...

1/2 c.
3/8 c. brown sugar and white sugar
1/2 teas. vanilla
1 egg (but I use flaxseed instead to be a bit more veg friendly... 1 egg=1 Tablespoon ground flax+3 Tablespoons water.)
1 1/8 cup flour
1/2 teas. baking soda
pinch of salt if you like
chocolate chips to taste (i used a chocolate candy bar broken up, because chocolate chips are hard to come by)

Some of the Japanese ingred.

the lil pan!

The finished product! YUM!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks so yummy. I am craving some of your homemade cookies-Antonia

mar.sha said...

mmmmmmmmm