Sunday, November 08, 2009

highlights...

out for an evening walk down along the bay...
It's Cosmo season!
a roadside shop we often stop and get fruits and veggies at out in the countryside...
COSMOS!!!!
f l o a t i n g in flowers
Mr. and Mrs. Matsutani, our landlord (I can't remember if I posted this earlier...)
The beach in Miyazaki out in the tea fields
super close up
In Miyama, at a pottery festival. posing. of course.
we bought one of these teeny tiny vases...
Kagoshima city "Organic Festa" today, Sunday the 8th.
hundreds of little booths with organic food, plants, and used clothing... (Sakurajima always looks like this nowadays .... ash ash ash!)
A couple of the other English teachers organized the 2nd annual eco fashion show. They modelled re-purposed clothing...
This was on Friday, at Minami Kagoshima Jr. High school's "Bunkasai," or Culture Day. Ben played guitar and led the 8th grade class in singing "Imagine."

2 comments:

Apache Rose and Lake said...

i wuv luv love the pics!

rockymntgirl said...

Not sure if my previous post actually went through, so I may be repeating myself, but I really like the one of you under the "Love" sign.