Saturday, October 23, 2010

秋いろ

if Japanese spring is about cherry blossoms, then fall most definitely is all about the かき~! 

yesterday's bicycle trip to buy some vietnamese coffee (<3) took us down along the riverfront where there is a fall plant market set up. I had been to one in the spring before, where I saw all kinds of pretty blossoms and spring colors.  This fall market had all kinds of persimmon plants small and large ready for planting!

I also loved the teeny cacti.. er... cactus?  and also how some of the little plants were wrapped up in newspaper and tied up so neatly ready for the trip home.  all I bought was a perfect little succulent to replace one that died on me, even though I would have loved to buy more... but where would I plant them all?  ps, do you see the new little camera case for my harinezumi!?  I love it!

...along the way home we stopped to buy some かき at our little produce stand around the corner from our apt (since we couldn't buy the whole trees earlier on!)  4 for 200yen :D yes.  and finally I was able to get a shot of the little sweet potato people living there!

2 comments:

Apache Rose and Lake said...

Love all the cacti! Too bad succulents and cacti don't do very well all year round hear in utah. The snow is not too kind to them. I have a few that i need to bring in soon now that the cold season has arrived. The window sills will be their temporary home for now :)

You look adorable <3

natsumi said...

These are beautiful photos! I love kaki!! Especially, hoshi gaki ! My grandma used to make them at home.
Thank you for sharing! Your photos remind me of my hometown, tsuyazaki in fukuoka!