Wednesday, February 02, 2011

snow shorts?

we were shocked this monday when we opened our door to the outside and saw MORE snow.  ben dropped me off at the station so I could get the train out to my school which is on the other side of the mountains (colder temps out there! uh~oh!)

a glorious 9-minute train ride later I was out (close to) where I wanted to be, just needed to catch a taxi to school.  unfortunately the taxis weren't running as usual because of all the snow!  after some stressful phonecalls over and over to the taxi company and my boss, they finally sent out a car to get me (though I had to take a reallllly roundabout route to school, costing me a whopping 25US$ :( I finally got there.)  My first period was canceled, so my lucky lucky students were allowed to play in the snow instead ~  can you believe their shorts? brrrrr rr rrrrr!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess your students were having so much fun playing in the snow that they didn't even care about their shorts :)
Thank you for the comment on my blog and for your kind words, Marisa. I feel a little better now.
Have a good weekend :)

kitchu said...

that is a lot of snow!