Thursday, March 24, 2011

生のり

took a 1/2 day wednesday and headed down south (I in search of spring blooms, him just happy not to be stuck in the teacher's room with nothing to do.)  I took the wheel after he tasted a few shochu and umeshu at the tasting room not far from here.  The lady working there was so nice, and gave us sweet potato candy and two free glasses- so generous !

then farther south, we pulled over to get a closer look at the nama nori farms along the coast.  We've never eaten it before, but it was cool to see the nets up close after passing by them many many times.  I'm not sure I'd like how "oceany" I'm guessing it tastes.

next post ~ ~  those yellow flowers ! ! ! we found them ! 
they're called butter lupine (Thanks Trish!)



1 comment:

kitchu said...

amazing photos, thanks for sharing your travels with us!