We took off Sunday morning towards Kirishima, heading North. After stopping in at Starbucks, we really started making time..
Along the way, seeing a sign showing us that there was a waterfall, we decided we might as well take a break and check it out. It turned out to be a spectacular waterfall, that has what looks like a nice swimming pool below. I can't wait to visit again in the warmer months and swim there!
We ignored many of the misleading Japanese road signs (that's a whole other blog post!) and headed directly towards the snowy peak.
There were many points along our way up the mountain where the steam from the hot springs was really amazing. We got out of the car at this point to get a better look... it smelled like sulfur (ew,) but it really incredible hear all the gurgling and erupting, all powered by the earth!
At this spot, there were lots of pipes that were taking the springs to nearby onsens.
We made it to the T-O-P!!!!
The view at the top was beeeuutiful! Everything had a light dusting that had fallen the night before.
Majestic
We were so happy to make the trip on such a crystalline day.
powder.
I wished that we had brought lunch along, because there were picnic areas all though the trails, and no one around at all.
sparkly

Afternoon Moon.
Please look this way for the camera, dear. Ok, thanks, got it!
At the foot of the mountain
On the way home, as we get closer to home, the road is completely along the bay... the sunset was magnificent. If I didn't know better, looking at it, I would think it was a warm summer night. And of course, that's Sakurajima, our volcano!
4 comments:
wow! those pictures are so amazing!!!! the waterfall looks like it would be fun to swim in.. and the snow was proabably such a nice treat. does it snow where you live? or just in the mountains? Oh, I love the little deer too!
great pics. why are the deers so small?! is everything in japan teenee tinee?!!!!!
I want to be there tasting the snow and having a picnic too!!! It looks so beautiful!!!
I can't believe the deer are so friendly..
I really miss you guys. xoxo
I am only posting on this entry so my stupid comments don't cheapen the newest post about the SD tragedy. We are stoked for you guys that you get to visit America and all your cool American friends this Friday. What a joyous occassion for you both!!!
Also, Ben... you look great but seriously need a haircut. Marisa your blog is great and your happenings look way fun - see you both on Friday!
Max
Post a Comment