Friday, October 15, 2010

有名です!local celebrity!

Do you remember that famous Somen noodle restaurant called Tosenkyo I mentioned when we first arrived?  It's the place with the cold noodles that spin around at your table, and you dip in with your chopsticks and grab them~

well, let me explain first that I did narration work once before here in Japan, about a year ago (it was for a prefectural tourist video talking about some local kagoshima products.)  It was an interesting experience going into the booth, putting the headphones on, and having to speak perfectly clear and with an even pace, without any little slip ups (tough to do since my English has suffered here~ it's often so broken down to get an idea across simply to low level English speakers!)

Anyway, I got another call to do a voice recording again, but this time for the spinning noodle shop!!  I went in earlier in the week to record (part of my script is below.)  We'll have a good laugh listening to the VERY familiar English voice guiding us along next time we trek out to the restaurant...



2 comments:

Jamie Onken said...

That's awesome! You should speak REALLY loudly next time you're eating there to see if anyone else puts it together.

Apache Rose and Lake said...

ha! that's so cool! you're voice will be famous